Investigators and staff may search for funding opportunities directly or request assistance from our office. If you need assistance with a search, please contact us
If you would like to conduct a search independently, some resources that are available to all UCI investigators and staff include:
- Pivot is one of the major searchable funding databases of RFPs (request for proposals). Designed for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students, it's intuitive and easily implemented. Besides providing funding opportunities, Pivot maintains a database of scholar/faculty profiles that allows the matching of funding opportunities with faculty from inside or outside UCI.
- Foundation Directory Online is a comprehensive database of over 100,000 grant makers and their grants. Please contact us for usage.
- The UCI Graduate Division provides leadership on all graduate education matters, working with scholars from all over the world to engage in study, teaching, and research in the pursuit of a master's or Ph.D. degree or of postdoctoral training.
- Another helpful database is DW Query, which provides information on the last decade of sponsored research funding at UCI from all grant agencies. It is searchable by school, department, PI name, etc.
- The Office of Research Development is a highly recommended resource. Their office provides coordination and support in the development of research grant proposals to federal and state government agencies and corporate and foundation entities, with an emphasis on major multi-investigator and interdisciplinary efforts.
These and other funding sources are available through the UCI Libraries link.