If you would like to conduct a search independently, some resources that are available to all UCI investigators and staff include:
- Pivot is one of the major searchable funding databases of RFPs (request for proposals). Designed for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students, it's intuitive and easily implemented. Besides providing funding opportunities, Pivot maintains a database of scholar/faculty profiles that allows the matching of funding opportunities with faculty from inside or outside UCI.
- Foundation Directory is a comprehensive database of over 100,000 grantmakers and their grants. Included is a database of the entire universe of U.S. foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities, plus a growing number of non-U.S. grantmakers; a database of sponsoring companies; a database of recently awarded grants; and a keyword-searchable database of recently filed IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF.
- GRAPES is a database of extramural funding opportunities for prospective and current graduate students, students working on a master's thesis or doctoral dissertation, and postdoctoral scholars. It contains information on over 500 private and publicly funded awards, fellowships, and internships. Please note that some opportunities are for UCLA students only.
- Another helpful database is Data Warehouse, which provides information on the last decade of sponsored research funding at UCI from all grant agencies. It is searchable by school, department, PI name, etc.
- The Office of Research Development is a highly recommended resource. Their office provides coordination and support in the development of research grant proposals to federal and state government agencies and corporate and foundation entities, with an emphasis on major multi-investigator and interdisciplinary efforts.
These and other funding sources are available through the UCI Libraries link.