There are a number of other resources for finding funders, both through UC Irvine and externally.
The Office of Research Development provides coordination and support in the development of research grant proposals to federal and state government agencies and corporate and foundation entities, with an emphasis on major multi-investigator and inter-disciplinary efforts. Their services include:
- Funding opportunity identification and targeted dissemination to faculty and staff.
- Management or project development and grant preparation and submission: Initiation, coordination, and support for all aspects of proposal submission, especially for major interdisciplinary grant proposals representing faculty across departments and schools.
- Budgets and budget justifications: Overseeing development of project budgets and other supporting documentation in consultation with academic unit staff and the Office of Research Administration.
- Working with University Advancement offices to coordinate proposals to foundations and corporations.
- Collaborate with Deans, faculty, other administrative units, and Research Development staff to develop proposal strategy, design, and content.
- Management of the limited submissions process.
Pivot is a comprehensive database of funding opportunities from foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
Foundation Directory Online (FDO) is a searchable database of over 100,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities. UC Irvine has purchased an institutional license for FDO that can be used by all UC Irvine faculty, staff, and students with a valid UCNetID.
Guidestar provides general information on foundations and not-for-profits.
Project Development Help